Thursday, February 28, 2008

My 100th Post

My one hundredth post.
Should I do the one hundred
things all about me?
*****
But, I'm so boring.
No one wants to know that much
about silly me.
*****
I don't want to do
what everyone else wants to.
I'll be different.
*****
I'll do one hundred
things about my family.
Twenty things for each.
*****
Todd

1) He has fabulous blue eyes.
2) Is one of the smartest and funniest people I know
3) Taught me how to ski, and was a very patient teacher
4) Is extremely loyal
5) Passed the New York Bar exam and scored in the top 3%
6) Was hired at one of the biggest law firms in the nation before he even graduated from law school. He is THAT good.
7) Paid for his entire way through college (UW- Oshkosh) and law school (NYU)
8) Did an exchange program for a year at Oxford
9) Has run 2 marathons and 1 half marathon and would love to do more
10) Always says he was a chubby kid, but I have never seen any pictures as proof.
11) Is REALLY hot!
12) Is very sick of practicing law and would like to start his own business
13) Is the youngest person to ever serve on the Board of Trial Attorneys for the state of WI. Again, he is THAT good.
14) Is a wonderful husband, father, son, brother and friend
15) Was checking out jobs in Hawaii the other day on the computer(so sick of the cold and snow)
16) Is a fabulous athlete and was an all conference football player in college
17) Has two tattoos
18) Has a very giving, kind, and compassionate heart
19) Is certified in skydiving and scuba diving
20) Is a true renaissance man

Joseph

1) Has fabulous big blue eyes
2) Just turned 5 years old
3) Is a natural born leader (read- bossy) ;)
4) Bites his finger nails
5) Slept through the night by 2 and a half months old
6) Is a wonderful, helpful big brother
7) Wants mom and dad to get him another baby
8) Loves to play outside
9) His middle name is Todd's dad's name
10) Can't wait for summer
11) Does not whine or complain when he is sick
12) Eats just about everything but oranges and potatoes
13) Favorite color is red
14) Wants to be a fireman
15) Was a fireman for the last 3 Halloweens
16) Sleeps on the top bunk
17) Has naturally curly hair
18) Is really tall for his age
19) Loves school and has never gotten a check mark from the teacher for being naughty or not listening
20) Nickname: J-Bear

Thomas

1) Has fabulous big blue eyes
2) Has been described as one big walking heart
3) Is a snuggle bear
4) Started walking really well at 8 and a half months old
5) Spoke in full sentences at 18 months
6) Loves to play with his brothers
7) Has never had an ear infection
8) Loves animals
9) Is very dramatic and very emotional
10) And very tough (football, perhaps?)
11) Was just signed up for school next year
12) Will be turning 3 in less than a month
13) Likes to do everything himself
14) Is a super eater and tries everything at least once
15) Looks almost exactly like his mommy when she was little
16) His middle name is my dad's name
17) Is very excited to start school
18) Sleeps on the bottom bunk
19) Wants to be Spiderman for Halloween
20) Nickname: Goldenbear

Benjamin

1) Has fabulous big blue eyes
2) His middle name is after his daddy
3) Is getting six more teeth in as we speak
4) 4 of those teeth are molars
5) Makes a really grouchy face (brow furrowed eyes squinting) when I tell him "no"
6) Squints his eyes and wrinkles his nose when he smiles really big
7) Loves to play with his big brothers
8) Loves eating real big people food
9) Is in the 97% for height
10) And the 75% for weight
11) Loves his moo-moo cow-cow stuffed animal
12) Uses a paci
13) Sometimes tries to pee on me when I am changing him- ON PURPOSE- and then laughs and laughs when he gets me
14) Will sometimes bang his head on the floor when he gets really mad
15) Loves to clap
16) And dance
17) Is a very easy going kid
18) Loves to climb our steps to get upstairs
19) Is a great sleeper (knock, knock)
20) Nickname: Babybear or Bennybear

Kathryn

1) Has hazel eyes
2) Has run in 2 10k races
3) Has one tattoo and is thinking of getting another (bro is an award winning tattoo artist)
4) Is the youngest of 3 brothers and 2 sisters (closest sibling in age is sister 6 years older)
5) Will go back to school when the boys are older
6) For something in the medical field (nursing, radiography, ultrasound, etc)
7) Has been in an independent film as the female lead
8) Has made money singing and acting
9) Loves sports (playing and watching)
10) Worked in the banking industry (snore) for 8 years as a teller, loan processor, mortgage loan processor/underwriter, personal banker, teller supervisor and asst branch manager (in that order)
11) Has dyslexia (so #10 is actually pretty funny)
12) Can be very stubborn and too competitive
13) Is scared of clowns
14) And dentists
15) Has super duper long toes
16) Wants to learn to play piano before she dies (no, not with her super duper long toes)
17) Is exactly where she hoped she would be at this point in her life
18) Is going to start a campaign to rid the blogging community of word verifications on comments. So mean to make someone with dyslexia do those things!
19) Is a practicing Catholic.
20) And finally, she really can't stand it when people talk about themselves in the third person. A-nnoying!

*********************************************************

So, there ya go! A 100 things post for all of you that wanted me to do one, but with a bit of a twist so I didn't have to conform. Whew! I'll tell ya one thing, that was so much easier than trying to think of 100 things about myself. Forgetaboutit!

I love that pic of my hubby. It is from our honeymoon. I just love the expression on his face. Little stinker. I realize it is a pic from about 7 years ago, but the stinking guy doesn't age so he still looks like that. Well, he looks like that, but with a goatee now. I tell ya, the man looks good. He is like a fine wine. He just gets better with age. Me? Well, I just get old. Ah well, he is stuck with me now. Sucker!

Have a great weekend, all!

73 comments:

painted maypole said...

this was a great way to do this. very fun.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! And yes, the man does look good -- and so do you!

Anne B. said...

Wow, you guys are a good looking bunch! For a brief second I thought you were going to do a haiku for each of the 100 things... I would've bowed down!

Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

HEY - 100 Posts! That was great! I really enjoyed finding out more about you and your fam. And yes - you hubby is a cutie!

Blended in Texas said...

Your kids personalities sound almost exactly like mine and in the same order...too funny! Oh yes, and I have a hot husband too! ;)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

THAT was super creative K. Your boys are ALL adorable. And I'm afraid of the dentist too. TO DEATH.

Kristen said...

WOW! You did SO good! And way to not be a conformist!

What a super cute family you all are!

Have a great weekend!

just jamie said...

What a gorgeous family you have. Love getting to know you and the family.

Fill us in when the new tattoo comes. :)

Anonymous said...

I love how you shared the love with the whole clan. I guess Thomas and my son have birthdays right near each other. How funny that Joey wants another baby. And, he totally pees on you on purpose? Practical jokes are gonna be great with that one.

JEWELGIRL said...

Congratulations on the Big 100!
Now you have your Blogoversary to
look forward to! AND
I want to see that picture of
you,where you & Tommy look alike!
That would be a funny post for
me! Probably for everyone else too!
Here's to 100 More great Posts!

Unknown said...

You rock. I love that you made your list about all of you - such a great idea.

What a beautiful family...

Amy Y said...

Happy 100!
You have a beautiful family!
I appreciate your thoughts/prayers... we need all we can get! Thanks for stopping by my blog... it's nice to meet you :)

dawn klinge said...

What a gorgeous bunch of people in your family! Congrats on your 100th post. This was fun learning more about you and your family- you are all very interesting people.

Kellan said...

Happy 100th Kathryn - this was fabulous! You are interesting, as are the loved ones in your precious family. Those eyes on your boys are like jewels and I love their nick-names - too cute (as is your hubby!). ANd, you are obviously very proud of all of them, as you should be. Your husband has some pretty impressive accomplishments under his belt - WOW! And you - in a MOVIE! That is cool - what is the movie - what, what??

Have a good Friday - have a GREAT friday - see you soon. Kellan

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

That was a neat way to do your 100 things! You've got a beautiful family. I don't like clowns either. Or the dentist for that matter.

Alison said...

I love this Kathryn...I think I might borrow it for my 100th post, if you don't mind...you definitely have some nice lookin men in your life!!!

Unknown said...

lol you are so stinkin' cute! And, boring you? Are you kidding? I was intrigued the whole time!

I'm Catholic too! It was really cool learning more about you and your family!

Congrats on 100 posts!

xoxo
Ash

ps - thanks for your comment on my blog!

Family Adventure said...

That was a MUCH more fun way of doing it. I approve (not that that means anything - considering I skipped the whole 100th post thingy :)).

Your boys are gorgeous - all four of them. But so are you, my dear!

Happy weekend to y'all.

Heidi

Joyce said...

It was great learning more about you and your family. It sounds like you all enjoy one another so much. :) You sure had me laughing at the part about NOT playing the piano with your toes!

the dragonfly said...

Woo hoo! Happy hundred! :)

You have a lovely family!!

Beck said...

You have such a beautiful family! And you are a gorgeous woman, too.
It bothers me, though, how my husband keeps getting more handsome while I keep making withdrawls from the beauty bank (that's in honour of your banking background, yo.)
Congratulations on the 100th post!

suchsimplepleasures said...

that was awesome...fun!!
i'm the only one in my house with brown eyes...well, ross (the 4 year old)has one brown eye...so, i guess i'm not completely alone!!
and...clowns! have always, always hated them...won't take my kids to circus because of them!!
love it!!
xoxoxo
i'll email you with info...thank you honey...really!!
xoxo

Phyllis Sommer said...

congrats and a great way to do the 100things!

bindhiya said...

Congrats on 100!!!
You have beautiful family!
love
bindi

imbeingheldhostage said...

You are SO not boring, but this is a great 100th blog! What a great idea and if I didn't have a toddler hanging from my waist fussing at me, I'd be more specific... and about the word verification, I have toyed with getting rid of it, but I don't want the fbomb dropped onto my blog!

Toni said...

Your husband is HOT! Your boys are adorable. You have a great life and have been immensely blessed.

Hope the little one is feeling better!

Happy 100!

Anonymous said...

great way to celebrate 100 posts!! and lovely family.

Danielle said...

Congrats on your 1oo post! I'm getting rid of the word verification right now! :)

Scylla said...

Congrats on your hundredth post! Which independent film were you in?

Homegrown Tribe said...

Yeah 100!!!

that was fun to read... you lucky woman you... look at all those handsome boys and gorgeous blue eyes!

have a great day!

Brittany

Anonymous said...

That was awesome, Kathryn!! I loved it.

storyteller said...

What a wonderful way to approach this task! I enjoyed learning a bit about each member of your family and seeing their photos. I’ve been thinking for a while of getting a tattoo but am waffling. If I had someone I trusted to do it for me, I might be more brave about following through.
Hugs and blessings,

Head Gaggler said...

What a great post! Man, your husband is a looker!! Lucky girl. And of course your boys are way cute. I hate dentists too and those word verifications. So annoying.

Momisodes said...

I loved this Kathryn! This was so creative. Your boys are adorable...I can't believe they all have blue eyes :)

Can I please join you in the movement to eradicate the blogosphere of word verifications? It would make it such a better place ;)

krissy said...

Hot damn you have a gorgeous family! I loved that post....

Well, except for your super dooper long toes considering I hate feet and all!

My hub is dyslexic too! If you told me how to turn off word verification I would do it for you!!!

You are so my kinda girl! Rock on Packer Sista!

Nissa said...

Congrats on #100!! It's no wonder your boys are such cuties- You AND Hubby are hot!

Okay, you have to tell us what independent movie you were in! I've got my Netflix queue ready for an update!

Hugs!

Cathy said...

I loved it!
I hate those comment verification things too.
Your husband IS hot. Really.
Congrats on the 100th post.

Kelly said...

That was the coolest post---what a great idea!! You have an adorable family too!

Nan Patience said...

Your family reminds me of my sister's! (Not so much mine.)

I also don't like it when people talk about themselves in third person, and I've never encountered anyone else ever who has gone out of their way to say so, I was going to take it to the grave as my own pet peeve. So nice to meet you!

Tonya said...

That was fun to read about you and your family! Happy 100th post :)

Cara said...

Love the post! You are so right about your boys eyes. They are all so beautiful. I am also in agreement on the word verification thing. I sometimes have to do it 3 times before I get it right!

imbeingheldhostage said...

40 comments, flippin' heck! I don't get 40 in a week!!
Now that I've pried the child off of me, I did something just for you: My comments word verification has been modified. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th! That was a very cool post.

María said...

I thought that was awesome! And yes...your husband is hot. So are you - your boys will be forces!!!

Daryl said...

Fabulous .. those kids are delish ..

I dont like clowns either ..

Julie Pippert said...

I love it! Loved learning more about your guys and you! Some things i knew from posts and comments and others I did not. Love the photos, as well.

FWIW, I have an issue with clowns too LOL.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful family! And sounds like when it came to husbands you picked your self a winner! nice! Cute little boys! You guys make good ones!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! 100 posts!

I think your hubby is quite handsome! So are your boys!

Yikes to all the teeth coming in at once. God bless you!

And I couldn't agree more about the word verification thing. Those stupid spammers!

Rachel said...

Now that was a clever way to do the 100. That was so interesting and fun!
What an adorable and accomplished family!!

Don Mills Diva said...

Congrats on your 100th post - you are one gorgeous family - Wowsa!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 100th post. This was a fun post. :)

Now I feel bad about puting word verification on my blog. ...sorry.

girlymom said...

I just think you have the greatest family~ full of very handsome men! And yes your Hubby might be "stuck" with ya, but he sure is lucky to have you.

I love this 100th post!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I loved how you did this! Your family is awesome!

Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

The 20 things you wrote about yourself were interesting, don't sell yourself short woman!

Thomas' traits sound just like my Cameron (he's 13 months). So funny that Benjamin pees on you! You have a beautiful family. And, I am amazed at what your husband has accomplished so far in his life. That's truly amazing.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Whew! All I needed was that photo of your hot hubby!!!! : )

Everyone else is beautiful too! Happy 100th post... makes me feel old--I'm up to about 800! Yikes...

Congrats!

the planet of janet said...

excellent!

happy 100th!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your 100th post !!! very exciting.I agree you do have a hot hubby....and the lists were great..have a great weekend..

Melissa said...

Yay 100!

Awesome lists...I too thought we were going to 'ku them and then I would have been even more impressed!

Anonymous said...

What a seriously clever and wonderful post! I loved learning about all of you.

Brittany said...

GREAT post! :) I like learning about everyone. I lead a very boring life.

VDog said...

WOW! You and your family are FABULOUS!

(just a wee bit jealous!)

Best,
VDog

Hazel said...

hi, first time here, ur kids so cute especialy Benjamin

david mcmahon said...

I didn;t know you're a movie star. Wow!

Cynthia said...

Wow, that was some post!

suchsimplepleasures said...

hi honey!! hope you had an awesome weekend!!
xoxo

Laski said...

Happy 100th post. Can I just tell you that I love the way you LOVE and ADORE your family???? And, the passion you have for your hubby is awesome. I can feel your happiness emanating from the computer screen!

Oh, btw, I'm getting rid of word verification on comments just for you . . . I'm not sure why I had it to begin with!!!

Amy said...

LOVED this post! Very fun and original!
And yes you're husband is hot, WOWZA!! But so are you chica, and your boys are precious!
Happy 100th!

jen poco loco said...

As I mentioned over at my place, husband is a hottie. But I must add: big boy eyes are adorable. And I gotta know, what indie film?

Want to exchange blogrolls for my two blogs? Anyway, I am putting you up tonight.
Jen

Gretchen said...

Congrats on your 100th post!!!

Great to learn more about the person and her family behind the posts.

Bren said...

What a clever way to do your 100 things! I love it!

Jen Fos - Top Banana said...

Hi K-Lo

Still loving this blog. I know that you have visited my Costa Rica Crazy board, but I would love to exchange blogroll with you on my new and improved blog www.monkeybarrelpress.blogspot.com.
Now that I have been blogging for a little bit, I am doing a new and improved one. Plus, sadly we probably won't be in Costa Rica for ever. Ultimately I am hoping this will be my forever home...

If you like this one, please blogroll me?

Jen again...

Anonymous said...

Oh great idea love learning the little facts about your whole family

Lisa said...

How fun!!!
Cute Hubby, Cute kids, Cute you!
What a fun 100 to read - can't wait to read your next 100 posts!!!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson