I realize I have been neglecting to participate in a couple of the meme's that I have been tagged for, and pass on a few awards that I received, so I thought I'd better buckle down and tackle them today.
First, the awards.
I received the Kind Blogger Award from Laskigal at From the Cheap Seats. She is one of my favorite bloggers and I just lub her. And, I love this award. I think kindness is underrated in today's society. Sometimes it is difficult to balance being kind and being as sarcastic as I am, but I'm trying. I don't know how kind I actually am, but it is definitely something I strive to be. I might be kind some days, and a complete bag other days, but I will gladly take the award anyway. hehe Thank you, Laskigal!
I would like to pass this award on to Momof4girls at The Red Door. She is definitely a kind person. She always has such a sunny disposition and sweet, loving posts. I love to visit her blog and get my dose of pink from her four beautiful girls.Next, Laura from Lunatic Fringe passed on the E for Excellent award to me. Thank you! I love Laura's writing, so receiving this award from her means so much! I would like to pass this on to Kristin at Loving Our Simple Life. Kristin just wrote an amazing story of the struggle that her family went through just one short year ago. It was a beautiful reminder to make every moment count. I received the Biggest Heart Award from Momof4girls at The Red Door. Again, coming from her I take this as a huge compliment as she really does have a big heart. Thank you!
I am passing it on to Melissa at Such Simple Pleasures. She recently started another blog that is to designed to help comfort children who have so little. I love her big heart. Please go on over to Project Lovey and see if you can join the project.
Okay, on to the meme's. I have done meme's here, here, here, and here. Go ahead and read them. You know you wanna! Don't make me copy and paste all of that for nothing, peeps!
I was tagged by Elaine and The Miss-Elaine-ous Life with this next meme. The idea is to post a picture of your fridge so everyone can see what kind of crap you have on it. I must say that I did not alter my fridge at all. It is kind of shocking, actually. My fridge is never this tidy. I usually have a million and one pieces of the boys' artwork hanging off of it, but a few weeks ago I did a thorough sweep of the house and rid myself of all Christmas items. Gone with the sweep was all of the artwork on the fridge. Although, I did not throw them out. They are tucked safely away. I assumed that Joey would bring home some Valentine's artwork from school, but he didn't. And for some reason we never got around to making any at home. So, here it is. My boring fridge.
A bunch of magnets. A picture of Jesus. The boys' pictures. A Packers schedule. A gym membership card. And the pediatrician's number. That's it. That is all she wrote.
What about you? What is on your fridge?
On to the next meme. I was tagged by Jewelgirl for the 6 Unimportant Things meme. Jewelgirl has an amazing site showing her huge jewelry collection. It is fabulous, and so is she! You must go and see her. Plus, she is my sis-in-law, and I lub her. :)
Okay. 6 Unimportant Things about me.
1) One of my nicknames is K-Lo. Yes, as in J-Lo. I would like to say it is because I am a fabulous dancer (which I think I am, thankyouverymuch), but it is not. It is because I have a bit of junk in my trunk. Okay, maybe a bunch of junk in my trunk. One might even classify it as a ghetto bootie. Whatever. I'm fine with it. Kinda. I have small everything else, just a bigger bootie. And it isn't huge, just a bit out of proportion for me. And when I am running the bootie shrinks to a normalish size. So there. But, let's just say, for example, that it is winter, and I am eating more than usual, and not running, perhaps, then maybe it would get a bit out of control. Maybe. It's fine. Really. Call me K-Lo if you like. Or not. Maybe just Kat. Whatever.
2) I am in the process of growing my hair out. I had hair down to the middle of my back (so pretty) and I chopped it off up to my ears. It was a cute cut. I liked it for a while. And then I remembered that I ALWAYS feel much better with longer hair. And now I hate it. I have instructed my hubby to duct tape me to a chair if I should ever feel like chopping off all of my hair again.
3) I used to be a very good singer and dancer. My friends were always trying to get me to try out for American Idol when it first came out. I just never wanted to be famous, not that I thought I had a chance anyway. I had enough fun being in plays and musicals in the area. I would even sing Ella Fitzgerald songs at a jazz club sometimes. I think one of my biggest compliments came when my hubby finally heard Ella singing the song I always sang to him at the jazz club (Someone to Watch Over Me) and said, "I think you sing it better. Your voice is so much warmer." I couldn't believe it. Ella is tops! No one is warmer than her! But I took the compliment anyway and will never forget it. Wow.
As for dancing, I only took ballet for a few months before I started going with my friend to her ballet class. Everyone in her class had been taking ballet and modern dance for 10-12 years and I kept up. I was amazed at myself. Pretty cool. Although, I always loved freestyle the best and thought that was what I was really good at. I've always had this strange ability to see a dance once and then be able to copy it.
I still love to sing and dance, but I am out of practice. Maybe someday I'll get into it again. I would love my hubby and my boys to see me as a lead in a musical again.
4) It is really hard for me to say what I am good at or give myself any compliments. Just writing the above makes me extremely uncomfortable. I have erased it and rewritten it about 4 times now. Eek! I'm still wondering if I should erase it. I think I may have nightmares tonight if I leave it up.
5) I believe in ghosts. I have had 3 or 4 experiences that scared the crap out of me. The first experience was when I was about 8 years old. The last experience was when I was 25. I will definitely have to write about those some other time. Very creepy. My hubby and I are obsessed with watching ghost shows. We love Ghost Hunters but we love Paranormal State even more. So good. Of course, after we are done watching them I am so creeped out that I make my hubby walk around the house with me while I'm getting ready for bed. hehe
6) My 100th post is coming up. I believe this is number 98. I REALLY don't want to write the 100 things about me meme. I mean really. Does anyone want to know 100 things about me? I am really not that interesting. Plus, everyone else is doing it. And the minute someone tells me that I have to do something or "everyone else is doing it" it makes me NOT want to do it. I'm still on the fence about it.
So there. There it all is. I'm not gonna tag anyone, but I would like to hear any ghostie experiences you've had, or anything else you would like to share. Thanks, y'all!
I mean, Kat!