Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Soundbites


"Mom. What's that stuff on your eyes?"
"Eye makeup, Joe."
"Oh.  Kinda scary."
"Hmm.  Not really what I was going for, Joe."
"Oh.  Sorry.  But it kinda is."


"Hi Gracie.  Time to wake up, honey. You did such a good job with your nap."
"Hi, mommy.  (pause) Are we goin' ta church again?"
"No, honey.  We're not going to church again."
"Den why you wearing such a fancy shirt?"
"Because I'm going out to dinner with some friends tonight."
"Oh.  You look so bootiful!  I lub your hair. (patting my hair and my face) And you earrins are so pitty! You so bootiful, mummy."
"Aww, honey. That's so nice."
"Can I come wif you tonight, mum?"
"No, sweetie, you can't."
"WHAT?  MOM!!??!!"
"I'm sorry, babe."
"Aww."



After upsetting news that he would not be going on the boy scout winter camp this weekend and pouting for a good 20 minutes I gave Tommy some fresh homemade oatmeal raisin cookies.
"Mom, I feel so much better after eating your cookies.  I always feel better after your cookies.  They make me so happy.  I feel so warm and cozy and loved."
"All from my cookies???"
"Yep.  They turn my frown upside down."
"Wow.  Magic cookies."
"Totally!"


"Hey mom!  I traded Grace her Packers football for a gumball.  Isn't that awesome?"
"Benny, that doesn't really sound fair, does it?"
"Fine.  Two gumballs."
"Ben."

10 comments:

Bijoux said...

Great conversations. I think it takes a fellow female to appreciate eye makeup!

Tabor said...

I responded to your comment on my recent post. I want to thank you for opening this discussion, because this is what it is all about. Making sure everyone gets a fair chance at health coverage.

Cyndy Bush said...

OMGosh, I want to be a permanent fly on your wall! hahahaha

Unknown said...

That last one would SO happen around here! ha!

And the cookies one, SO sweet! :)

Hilary said...

Adorable kidletisms!

Unknown said...

Haha! The things kids say. I have a continual source of amusement from mine.

betty said...

I think that was a "fair" deal, two gumballs for a football ;) They do say the cutest things!!

betty

dawn klinge said...

Ha! Funny kids. : ) You'll be so glad you wrote down these conversation bits. They're cute now, but some day, these words will be even more precious.

Karen Deborah said...

what a great day at your house.

Wendy said...

Your kids are so stinkin' cute! So funny.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson