Tuesday, November 20, 2007

'Tis the season...

to go broke. Falalalala Lala Lala.

Our computer is breaking down. We can't turn it off because it takes about an hour and a half to get it going again. I blame it on all of our construction dust. I'm sure that if I opened up the PC a big pile of dust would fall out. Still, it is getting old, so it is probably time to buy another one anyway. Great timing too. Blahhhh. Stinking money. Or rather, stinking LACK of money.

I don't know if our dear old computer will make it to December, so if I don't post for a few weeks you'll know we completely crashed. So much for NaBloPoMo.

6 comments:

Kellan said...

Oh, I hope it doesn't. I hate how temermental they can be - I'm forever having problems with one of ours (luckily, we have three now) - talk to you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

My lap top crashed in June. It was like the end of life!
Cheers

painted maypole said...

sounds like the story of my life. may yours not catch on fire....

;)

Chrissy said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Gotta love that timing, too. We're finally getting ready to have our air conditioner fixed (it died a few months back), and it just hurts my feelings to pay the money.

Family Adventure said...

Oh no...I was just thinking about painted maypole, but I see she's commented already. I hope yours hobbles along and stays alive. At least past Christmas!

Heidi

girlymom said...

That was my Xmas present last year, then my amazing hubby got me wireless for my bday- now I feel like superwoman, I can go anywhere and do anything! It feels great. Sorry to hear yours is dying, I am new to your blog and hope your computer will let you stay around awhile. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson