Sunday, November 18, 2007

Seven Random Things Meme

I have been tagged for the "seven random things" meme by The Dragonfly. I have done this one here and another one like it here, but I like doing these things, so you are gonna have to suffer through another one. Besides, I know you are all just dying to know 7 more weird things about me. ;)
Here are the rules:
1 - Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2 - Share seven random and/or weird things about yourself.
3 - Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4 - Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

**********************************
1) I change my hairstyle and color all the time. My hair has been black, brown, red, reddish brown, blond, dark brown, strawberry blond, dishwater blond, chestnut brown and any other color on the spectrum. My hair has also been super duper long, super duper short, and everywhere in between. I am most comfortable with long hair, but I get bored with myself and chop it all off. I think my natural color is dishwater blond/brown. Oh, and this is weird, but my hair has always been wavy and I wear it straight most of the time, but I've noticed that every time I have another child it gets curlier.

2) Becoming a mom has turned me into a coward. I used to love flying, and now every time I get on an airplane I white-knuckle the armrests hoping the plane won't take a nose-dive and leave my children motherless. I used to ski with reckless abandon, and now I take the easiest trails so I don't break a leg making it impossible for me to chase after my rugrats. I used to love the thought of going skydiving, and now I sweat just thinking about it. My life just seems infinitely more important now that I have these little creatures that depend on me. I hope I have not become an incredible bore to my hubby.

3) I am a worst case scenario person. Can you tell from the above? I am always thinking about how to save my babies from a fire, a robber, a tornado, a car crash, a fall off a jungle gym, or a trip down the stairs. I constantly worry something bad will happen to my children. It is kind of exhausting. My mom swears that it is because my sister died when she was 9 (it happened before I was born but I grew up hearing about her), and that I've always known even little kids are not immune to death. I don't know, maybe I'm just a worrier.
4) My nicknames are Kathy, Kat, Katie-bug, K, Schmoopee and Pooper. The last two are from Seinfeld. My hubby and I thought that was such a funny episode that we started using those nicknames, and they stuck. My family has always called me Kathy, but they are the only ones who still do. I introduce myself as Kathryn (since high school) to everyone I meet. Kat is used the most often.

5) Remember that old couple in When Harry Met Sally who tell their story of how they lived in the same town and never met until they were vacationing in another state? That is just like my hubby and I. We grew up in the same town a few miles apart, played at the same parks, went to the same high school (5 years apart), and attended the same churches. We met in a city 70 miles from our hometown when he was living in New York and I lived just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. And both of our parents still live in the same houses we grew up in and we live within 2 miles of both of them.

6) I am already planning when we can have child #4. I know, I'm crazy. I just can't help it. I would have 6 kids if I could talk hubby into it. As it is, I am going to have some convincing to do to get him to agree to 4. I am from a family with 6 kids so 3 still seems so small to me.

7) I can throw a really good spiral. That's American football for all you Europeans out there. ;)

Okay, now I have to pass this on. I think I might just take the easy way out again seeing as how people seem to get stressed out when they get tagged. Anyone who wants to play along let me know in the comments and I'll put your link up so everyone can see you are a good sport. :)

11 comments:

Family Adventure said...

I'm glad you clarified 7), 'cause I had *no* idea what you were talking about ;)

Six kids? You are a brave woman. Definitely not a scaredy-cat!

Heidi

OHmommy said...

Wow... 6. I can barely keep three fed and clean. What a mom! :)

Kelly said...

6 is a blast! Tell hubby to just do it! LOL! I do the hair coloring and stressing bit too!

painted maypole said...

6 kids? I admire moms like you.

Kellan said...

You are very interesting!! I liked hearing how you and your husband met - cool story. I also love Seinfeld - every single episode!! I also colar and change my hair a lot - I knew I liked you . Take care, Kellan

Chrissy said...

Hmmm. Intriguing. I can honestly say we are opposites on the hair color thing, the football-throwing, and the child-bearing.

So sweet how you met your husband.

Chrissy said...

Hmmm. Intriguing. I can honestly say we are opposites on the hair color thing, the football-throwing, and the child-bearing.

So sweet how you met your husband.

Anonymous said...

I love that couple in H met S. And, how odd that you met that way. Sometimes, people just find each other, I suppose.

Beck said...

We share 1, 2, 3 and 6. Perhaps we're secretly related.

Anonymous said...

But aren't you concerned about overpopulation and the effect on the environment?

Kat said...

Hahaha!!! Anon, that was funny.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson