So, this weekend was good. After my last hideous post the next day was much better. Thank God.
I am back to being able to take a step back and see all the good things going on again.
- On Friday we had parent/teacher conferences for all of our kids. Safe to say our kids have some awesome teachers who really get them, allow them to be themselves, and appreciate them. They are all doing well in school and continue to improve. It was a great reminder for me after the messy, icky day we had the day before. So, so good.
- On Saturday I stayed in my pajamas all day and lounged around the house. I can not remember the last time I did that. It was good.
- On Sunday we went to a super fun Superbowl party, ate too much yummy food, had a few drinks, and then won $100 on the Ravens' win. Plus, we had many compliments on our polite, sweet, smart (they played Chess half the night), funny kids. That's good.
- This week is Ben's birthday. This morning I finished shopping for all of his birthday presents and came up with a fabulous idea for his birthday cake. Very good.
- The weather is going to warm slightly and we should be getting some fresh snow tomorrow. Just in time for Joey's class sledding trip. He thinks that is GOOD.
Also good? The Superbowl commercials. Overall I thought there were a number of great commercials and only a few duds. The gross, loud-kissing commercial with Bar Refaeli? Um. Yuck.
Here are a few of my favorites:
This one made me bawl my brains out. Cuz I'm a huge sucker.
This one makes me bawl my brains out too (surprise, surprise). Paul Harvey reminds me of my childhood. Whenever I hear his voice I am immediately back in my parents' bedroom listening to their radio in the morning. This commercial is perfection.
This commercial makes me cry too (egad. maybe something is wrong with me!). I'm always rooting for the underdog, you know. Love it. So good.
This one makes me cry too (but only because I'm laughing too hard). I swear this is me in 40-50 years. So good.
And that concludes all the good, for now.
What's good in your 'hood?