Wednesday, October 3, 2007

It's heeeerrreee!

That's right folks, cold and flu season is back and it is hitting close to home. Friends and relatives kept telling me about the sore throats, runny noses, and generally grogginess going around. I knew it was coming. Plus with Joey starting school again, it really was just a matter of time.

Sure enough, this morning I hear Tommy sniffing. I sloooowly turn my head in his general direction and I see it. Runny nose. Wipe, wipe, wipe. Bite of cereal. Wipe, wipe, wipe. Bite of cereal. Ah-choo! Cereal and snot fly all over the counter. Wipe, wipe, wipe.

I can almost feel the pure exhaustion already. One kid gets it and just when he is recovering another gets it. And so it goes for the rest of the fall/winter/spring year. Time to stock up on the Children's Tylenol Cold and Vicks Vapor Rub, and Vapor Plugs. Mmmm. Gotta love that smell.

I really shouldn't complain. We have been free of illness in this house for almost 2 months. That is a LONG time with 3 little ones. And it could always be worse right? I always try to remember that when I am up all night with sick kiddies. There are some moms and dads out there who are taking care of terminally ill kids, so what the crap am I complaining about? What is a little lost sleep? Big deal! I can handle it. Suck it up, mumma!

Oops! Gotta go. I hear sneezing.

Stay healthy, all!

1 comment:

N. said...

My eldest started kindergarten in September. He's been sick twice. The school secretary reassured me (when I called in his fourth sick day) that the first year is the worst, and to expect him to be sick every 4 weeks! WHAT? 4 weeks. I gotta buy some Kleenex stock.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson