Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sleep, blessed sleep!

The boys slept awesome last night. Actually, they are still sleeping. Todd and I went out to dinner last night and the boys stayed with his mom and dad. I don't know what they did to the boys, but they slept great!
They have been good sleepers for quite a while now, so we really can't complain. But even though they have all been sleeping through the night for a couple months (Ben just mastered it in August, the other boys since they were babies) that doesn't mean they always sleep through the night. It seems that one of them is always up in the middle of the night for something. Either Joey is sick, Tommy has to go potty, one of them has a nightmare, Ben has teeth coming in, something is always going on.
But last night. Last night was heaven. I think I actually got over 8 hours of steady, dreamy sleep!
Weeeehooooo!!!

5 comments:

Glass Half Full said...

Sleep is never overrated!!

Lori

painted maypole said...

away for the weekend and I got 2 nights in a row of 8 hour sleep! it was great.

but now I am catching up on blog reading... so that streak is out the window!

Patriot said...

Sounds like you have a very fun household!

Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting this week - you might need it for future camping trips!

Thanks!

Anna said...

WOW, I know that goodness you speak of because it happens EVERY SO OFTEN with my boys, and ISN'T IT AMAZING?

Enjoy it!

Life With All Boys said...

The baby moans in his sleep a lot. So even if he isn't up, a lot of times I am. When I actually sleep until my alarm goes off, it was a good night!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson