Thursday, September 20, 2007

NOOOOoooo

My camera is broken! Broken, I tell you! What do I do? I love taking pics and I have 3 kids who do amazingly cute things daily that NEED to be documented! WHAT DO I DO? I'm freaking out here.
We just got this stinking camera a year ago. A year ago, people??? Aren't they supposed to last longer than that? I mean, this camera was well researched by my husband as it was somewhat of a splurge for us. We have NO TIME to research another one. I need one NOW. NOW! I must have a camera. Help, help, HELP!

The whole camera seems to be working except for the shutter button. Isn't that the most important part? Does it really matter if I am able to set the date and time if I can't actually TAKE a picture? AH! Breath. Deep breaths. I just need to think...

Ok. That isn't working.

*********************************

On another terrible note. Does anyone know if peanut butter kills mice?

We are trying to get rid of the family of mice that are happily residing in our garage. My husband bought some live traps and put peanut butter in them to lure the little stinkers. Every morning we have a dead mouse in our live traps and the peanut butter is completely gone. Do the mice have peanut allergies or are they just completely gluttonous and eating until they literally die? It has all been quite stressful to me. Poor little babies are happily munching on peanut butter thinking they struck it rich and suddenly... "huh, my stomach is feeling funny. Yeah, I'm not feeling good." Croak! My husband tries to appease me, telling me they looked peaceful, but I know that secretly he is pleased. He didn't want to use live traps in the first place, he only complied to stop my wails and screams of protest. He even said, "It's not a bad way to go, eating your favorite food until you die."  Um. I disagree. I really don't want to go that way. Watching my stomach expand, sudden extreme cramps, and then feeling my guts explode? I don't think so. I'll go in my sleep when I'm 90, thank you.

2 comments:

N. said...

Oh, I feel your pain. I have to toggle my digital camera on and off by jamming a safety pin into a hole that was once covered by a flimsy, fragile little button designed by the geniuses over at Hewlett Packard. I have missed so many childhood 'firsts' because of that safety pin. The camera was $300 and when we bought it was the top rated camera in Consumer Reports.

About the mice, I've no opinion. But I'm having flashbacks to that scary Brad Pitt movie Seven. Death by Gluttony. *shudders*

Bea said...

I think maybe mice just die quite easily. We went through a dead-mouse -finding phase for a bit. I suppose our cats might have been responsible, but there were no bite marks. It's possible that the mice were just scared to death (do you think they might have a peanut-butter PHOBIA?).

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson