Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Feeling foolish

Hmmm. I feel pretty pathetic right about now. After a two month hiatus I decided to start running again. I knew I would have to start out slowly, but this is ridiculous. Man! I felt like I was running through jell-o. Oh I started out great, I was even smugly thinking, "Wow! This is much easier than I thought it would be!". Then I got to the third block and my legs started to burn . Huh? How could I possibly be getting tired already? Just two months ago I was running 4 miles, no problem. Sure, it has been 2 MONTHS (basic calf injury, colds, and pure laziness kept me dormant), but 4 MILES, and now I'm getting tired after 3 blocks! Bah! It just doesn't seem fair. I have to start all over again.

To make matters worse I watched The Biggest Loser on tv tonight. Now I really feel pathetic. Here are people who are dragging around an extra 200 pounds and they are running through sand, and carrying logs, and climbing mountains. One chic lost 20 pounds in one week! One week! I'm having trouble with my measly 15 pounds, and I've had months.

The other night I was telling Todd, who has also decided to drop a few pounds, how important it is to drink water when you are trying to loose weight. Oh, and control your portions. And don't eat crap. And exercise. He looked at me and said, "I know how to loose weight, it's just... it's just..." and I said, "no fun?", and he said, "Exactly!"  Too bad loosing weight isn't more fun.

There was a sign on the fridge of one the Biggest Loser contestants that said, "nothing in this fridge tastes as good as thin feels".   And that is nice and all, but they must not have ice cream in that fridge, cuz HELLO, have you had ice cream lately?

I suppose it doesn't help that I am still breastfeeding Ben. I am like an eating machine. I've stopped eating after 7:00 at night and my stomach is actually grumbling by the time I go to bed at 10:30. Maybe I should wait to loose the last 10-15 pounds until I am done breastfeeding. Or maybe I should stop stuffing my face with stuff like donut holes and ice cream. Maybe?? Nah. That's crazy. A girl has got to have some fun. I guess I'll see how this running thing takes off and if that doesn't help, then we'll talk about the donut holes and ice cream.

No comments:

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson