Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!


Such amazing mothers we are blessed with.  We are forever grateful for all you've done and all you've taught us.  We love you!
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) 
i want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

e e cummings


Sending out a special prayer for all those who struggle to be mothers.  Those who struggle with infertility and long to be mothers.  For those who have felt the joy of pregnancy and then suffered through miscarriage.  For those that have lost children and are missing their angel child.  I pray for comfort for all those who ache on this day.

11 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

Beautiful post, beautiful mothers! Hope you enjoyed your day.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Such sweet photos! I hope you had a happy Mother's Day. No better time to get back on the blogging grid. :) Looking forward to catching up!

Bijoux said...

Hope your day was full of love.

momto8 said...

beautiful photos!! and beautiful prayers.

Hilary said...

Lovely, Kat. I'm finding that this year, there are quite a number of Mother's Day posts which speak to those who long to be mothers and those who have lost children. I think it's kind, thoughtful and full of love. I hope your day was beautiful.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous post, my friend. I hope you had a special Mother's Day.

dawn klinge said...

These are beautiful words and I love the pictures. Happy Mother's Day to you, a few days late. :)

lime said...

lovely. i hope your day was as well.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Such a beautiful post and sensitive and meaningful ending.

Allison said...

Beautiful post. I love that piece by EE Cummings!

Brenda L. Greenwald said...

I pray for comfort for all those who ache on this day.
---It may be well past Mother's Day, but your prayer still brings hope. My heart thanks you and rejoices in watching you mother!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson