Random Thoughts- By Kathryn Handy
- I am taking a mental health day today. What does that mean? I don't know. But I'm not running (cuz my knee is still sore), I took a super long shower this morning, I'm eating whatever I feel like eating, listening to soothing music, and I'm relaxing and taking it easy. Well, as much as one can with three young children. But you get the idea.
- Last night's season premieres? Eh. So-so. Of course I've yet to watch Grey's Anatomy because I DVRd it but haven't had the chance to see it. The Office was okay. I was a smidge disappointed but maybe I built it up in my mind too much. ER was completely devastating to me. WHY???? Why did they do that???? I was so mad, and sad. I bawled for a half an hour.
- I usually don't post on the weekends but I think I am going to start a regular post on Saturdays. I have just been reading so many awesome posts during the week and I always intend to mention them and then forget. So I am going to list a few of my favorite posts from the week every Saturday that I think everyone should check out. I figured Saturday is a good time to do it because there aren't tons of people posting over the weekend. Deal?
- I have been getting a lot of emails from y'all asking me about running. How I went from hating running to loving running. How to get started. All that kind of stuff. I'm in the process of writing a post for people who would like to try running. It will be a How to Begin Running kind of a thing. Since I'm hardly a professional runner it will be on a very basic level for those just curious or who would like to try it.
- I am eating a bag of popcorn for my lunch today. Mmmmm.
- I have never seen episode 2 of Fringe, which I hear is the scariest thing ever. I think I am going to watch it on the computer right now while the boys are sleeping. Did I mention that my computer is in the dark basement? I hope I don't pee myself.
- I've also gotten emails asking how my dad is doing. I've been trying not to write too much about dad because it is like opening Pandora's box. I can't shut up about it. He has been doing absolutely fabulous. I am just so proud of the way he is handling being in the nursing home. He is still really sleepy all the time (so many meds!) but he is so pleasant. He is always so excited to see me and the boys. We visit him once or twice a week and my mom is with him every morning. He has good days and bad, of course, but he actually called me by my name the other day. I hadn't heard that from him in a long time. Very cool.
Still, it is really difficult. Difficult to leave him there by himself (though the nurses are absolutely wonderful) and go do activities he always enjoyed. Whether we are having a cookout in the backyard, going to a football game, or getting together for a birthday party we all feel so badly (guilty) that he is not with us. Pretty heartbreaking stuff when I let myself think about it.
- Speaking of football games. We are going to my old high school tonight to watch the homecoming game that my niece is cheerleading for. So bizarre! I feel like I should be the one cheering. How did I get to be old enough to have a niece on the cheerleading squad? And she isn't even my oldest niece. I have a 22 year old niece that cheered at that same high school too! Man, I'm getting old.
- Okay. I'm off to watch episode 2 of Fringe. Wish me luck.