Monday, March 31, 2014

A Good Ending

We managed to sneak in one more fun activity before our spring break officially ended.  After mass on Sunday Todd and I surprised the kids by taking them bowling.
It may not sound that exciting but my kids were plenty excited. We hardly ever go bowling and the kiddos just LOVE it. We really need to go more often.
Notice there are no pictures of me bowling. Can I let you in on a little secret? I stink at bowling. Really badly. All of my kids beat me in both games. Sure, they had bumpers on their lane, but still. No one will be asking me to join a bowling league anytime soon.

The first game I got a 78 and the second game I got a 112. I was shocked that I made it over 100 but my kids still beat me. I really stink. It doesn't stop me from playing though. We had a blast!

A little bowling, a little junk food, a little playing outside, a little Frozen, and a little snuggling in front of the fire. A fantastic way to end a fabulous spring break.

5 comments:

Bijoux said...

I LOVE bowling, but my hometown is where the PBA always played. My husband likes to joke that I'm only good at sports that involve throwing heavy balls....bowling and bocce!

Angie said...

My oldest loves to bowl but we rarely go too. I enjoy it but like you, I stink at it!

Kat said...

Bijoux- HA! That is hilarious!
I don't know what my problem is with bowling. I am pretty athletic but I just really stink at bowling. I just can't seem to keep my arm from crossing across my body. And then when I correct it I over-correct. BAH! AND I'm super picky about a bowling ball. It can't be too heavy, it can't be too light. The holes have to fit just right. It is ridiculous. Still won't keep me from playing though. :)

dawn klinge said...

Your spring break sounds like such a great balance of couple time and kid time, and so much fun! I enjoyed reading about your adventures. We're on spring break right now, no traveling, but lots of family time and relaxation...it's been good.

Hilary said...

You and Todd give your kidlets the memories of a childhood many wish they had. Always fun to see what your family is up to.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson