Saturday, July 2, 2011

Finally!

I am feeling good.  Everything is finally coming together.  I've been feeling so off lately.  I don't know if it was all the crappy weather we had.  Or the construction project on our addition.  Or the crazy kids.  Or what.  But I am FINALLY feeling like life is falling into place.  I have been longing to feel the glory of summer and now I finally am.  This is what I've been waiting for!

Finally...
-Hot weather!  The 80's have arrived and I'm loving it! It is finally hot enough to run through the sprinkler,
 and eat popsicles!  Yay!
-The weather is finally hot enough that we can tool around on the scooter my mom gave us.  Woohoo!  It may not be the Harley Todd has his eye on, but for now it will do.  For me anyway.  ;)
-The 4th of July is in a few days!  My absolute favorite national holiday!  AND, my best friend will be here with her family celebrating with us.  I haven't seen her in two years since she moved to Oklahoma.  I can't believe we are gonna get to hang out again!  FINALLY!

-Our addition is FINALLY done (I'll post pics when my finishing touches are done) and the backyard landscaping has been completed.  We have to stay off the lawn for a little while until the grass grows in in certain spots, but the front yard looks so great we don't mind spending all of our time hanging out there for now.  
-My flowers are finally in full bloom. 
 I am loving the beautiful mix of colors all over my yard.  It makes me happy every time I see it. 
-We can use our new back patio.  We may have to stay off the grass in the back yard for a while but at least we can use the patio.  We just went to Menards this morning and picked out a few things to spice it up and I LOVE it.
-Grace can finally wear a ponytail and it stays in!  Yay! 
-Joe has gotten old enough to go on my runs with me once in a while.  Today we did 4 miles together.  In 85 degree weather.  Way to go, Joe!
-Ben has started reading the newspaper!  Finally!  Haha!  Okay, not really.  He is only four so no reading yet.  But he sure does look cute, doesn't he?

I am so thankful that summer is here!  Finally!!!

So tell me, what have you been waiting for?  Did you finally get it?

18 comments:

Debbie in CA : ) said...

APPLAUSE! APPLAUSE! Here's to feeling good and summery days and ponytails and patios and popsicles and sprinklers and all the rest. I'm so happy for you!

: D

XO!!

p.s. Tell Ben to skip right to the comics and then fold up the paper and toss it into recycle -- he's far too young for that kind of fiction. ; )

Jill said...

Oh wow - your yard, your patio, your flowers ARE gorgeous! Can't wait to see your new addition!

Happy summer - I'm impressed with your 4 miles ... can some of it rub off on me?

Tabor said...

Charming. So glad for you!

Kelly said...

So glad you are feeling like yourself again. Love the yard! Being outside is so great isn't it? Happy 4th!

Kelly said...

Sounds like summer is turning out pretty awesome. I would LOVE to meet your dog when we come up this summer. She is just the CUTEST!!!

Tonya said...

I love summer too! I can't believe how fast it is going.

Cyndy Bush said...

What a HAPPY post!! Everything looks fantastic, I love it. I can't wait to see pics of the addition!
Hope you enjoy the 4th!

Unknown said...

I love that you can now do all the fun things of summer.

Hilary said...

Glad to see that your summer is in full swing. Your family sure seems to be enjoying it just fine!

Scrappy said...

Hooray for summer!
I get to go see my best friend next week. Yay! Where in OK is your friend from?
I've kind of been feeling a little off lately too. I think for me it is because it has been too darn hot to do any fun summery things. Bummer.
Happy 4th of July!!
Btw, we have a Vespa scooter. Aren't they fun?!

MamaB said...

So awesome that the addition is complete, the weather is warm and you are finally enjoying summer! I hope the rest of it is just as enjoyable!

Suldog said...

Running through sprinklers, then sitting on the porch eating... what are those called? Freeze-Pops? Or even being a kid and reading the paper in a comfy chair. Life appears to be full of beauty for you currently. Excellent!

Rima said...

Awe, you DO have a lot of things to be happy about. I loved these pictures. Your house looks awesome and I know I tell you this all the time, but you have a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for my finally moments to arrive, but so glad you have yours. happy summer

Jackie K said...

Wow, all looks great! Your house and garden are beautiful! The summer pictures are glorious - it is the middle of winter here in Australia, so no popsicles for us!

Riahli said...

Wow looks like you all have been having some major fun! Your front yard looks awesome!!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Yay for things turning around.

Todd on the scooter? Love it.

And, I love the new patio. It's perfect.

Unknown said...

Wow, your yard looks SO good and the back patio too! I want to come hang out at your beautiful place! :D

So glad you're feeling better!!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson