Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Hangover

I planned on posting a Thanksgiving message yesterday wishing you all more blessings than you can count. But, I didn't.

Instead, I got up and ran a 10K race in snow and 29 degree weather. I am happy to say that I achieved my goal and did not come in last.


After that, I went home, jumped in the shower, and ran over to my sister-in-law's house to celebrate Thanksgiving and my mother-in-law's birthday. I ate a ton of food without guilt (thanks to the run), played with the kiddies, and watched my Packers trounce the Lions. Much fun was had.

Then we packed up the kiddies, drove them home, dealt with meltdowns (because of missed naps) for the two hours before bedtime, finally got the boys to bed, and then I marched over to the computer to write my post like a good little blogger. Unfortunately, the computer was running REALLY slowly, and then completely locked up. I was too tired from the run, the Tryptophan, and lack of sleep the night before, to attempt to fix said computer. Instead I crashed on the couch and tried to watch Grey's Anatomy without falling asleep.

So, now that I have had a few hours of sleep, hubby has temporarily fixed the computer, and the boys are semi-calm, I would love to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving with more blessings than you can count.
I still feel so full,
Someone roll me off the couch.
No time to relax.
Make room for more food,
Tomorrow another feast.
Thanksgiving at mom's.
Thankful for family,
My home, my friends, and my health.
I know I am blessed.

13 comments:

Kellan said...

Nice Haiku - and A 10K RACE!!!??? You are my hero. Take care. Kellan

Unknown said...

Wow. I don't venture outside if it dips below the frigid 70 degree point. I'm impressed you went and RAN in it? Great job!

Unknown said...

I hate non-reply. I saw your comment and freaked out! I hate the Cowboys. And their fans? UGH. Can't stand how fair weather they are. I am from Houston. I cheer the Texans now, but after the Oilers left & before there was another team, I cheered only for the Packers. Cause they have the single most devoted fan base in sports. I had to clarify that!!

Toni said...

Great job!

Excellent haiku and happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

WOW >>YOU GO GIRL<<

Great 'ku and great job on the race!!

Anonymous said...

a 10k. i wonder if that might have made me feel any better about eating all that food.
the 'boys made me feel very good. no fair weather fan here...

Anonymous said...

Well a day late is fine, especially if you're out having fun instead.
Best wishes

Patois42 said...

Woo-hoo. I don't know that I could go 10 blocks, especially in that cold!

Blog said...

Awww! Great Haiku! Happy Thanksgiving! And, congrats on the 10k! Wow! Kudos!

painted maypole said...

10K. I am impressed. AND you looked cute while running IN THE SNOW. how do you do it?

Chrissy said...

Awesome job on the 10K. What a good excuse to eat what you want on Thanksgiving. Cute running clothes, too.

Kelly said...

I must agree - you rock! 10K in snow!!!! Yikes!

girlymom said...

10K- now I feel really guilty, I'm still eating the leftovers, but now with even more guilt. Congrats!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson