Monday, April 6, 2009

The Fun Continues

(Get ready to throw your rotten tomatoes)

It was a lovely weekend. All that free time and all that peace and quiet. It really was awesome. Of course I tried to pack WAY too much into one weekend. Too much cleaning, too many errands, and not enough sleep. But it was still very nice. Unfortunately I don't have any girlfriends in the area to go out with, but I did get to watch three chic-flicks (yes, including Twilight again) that I've been wanting to see. It was nice to be able to sit back and relax and do as little or as much as I wanted to. But it did feel a little odd.

And boy was I excited when I saw my guys pulling up to the house on Sunday afternoon. It was a very good feeling. All my boys running at me telling me how much they missed me. And such a relief to have them all home safe with me again. I can't tell you how many horrible things I imagined as they drove the three hours to and from the cabin.

I spent the rest of Sunday snuggling with the boys and trying to pamper Todd, who really does deserve the "Husband of the Year" award. Not only did he do a fabulous job with the boys but he was fighting the worst cold he has ever had. He actually had a temperature of 102.3 for the whole weekend. I swear I have never known his temp to go over 98.9. He never gets fevers. He was SICK. And he didn't even complain or try to make me feel guilty. What a man!

And guess what else!

I'm going away for a "ladies only" trip tomorrow. My girlfriend and I have been planning it for the last few months. We used to be HUGE NKOTB fans when we were younger and when we heard they were going to be having a concert in the area we decided to go. You know, for old times sake. And since the venue is two hours from her house and one hour from mine we thought we should bite the bullet and make it a whole day affair complete with shopping and an overnight stay at a lovely hotel! Woohoo!!!! I can't remember the last time she and I got to hang out without the kiddos. I am so excited I can barely contain myself. Shopping, eating, relaxing in the hottub, a concert, and quality time with my bestest friend. So exciting!

And don't you worry. Todd is getting payback (although he does go on quite a few hunting trips every year) at the end of the week. He splurged and bought he and his dad tickets to the Brewers home opener game for Friday. See? It is a win/win all around.

Now I've got to run and tie up a million loose ends before I leave tomorrow. I'll be sure to post pics on Wednesday when I get back. Hope y'all had a fabulous weekend!
(Okay. Go ahead and launch those tomatoes)

30 comments:

Jenera said...

I think it's great you and your husband are able to have times out by yourselves. It doesn't happen often for me but every so often I get the chance.

And i'm jealous you get to see NKOTB. I would so go if they were coming near to me.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like SO much fun! A "girls only" outing, NKOTB, shopping, dinner AND an overnight in a hotel! Enjoy it, mama!!

Unknown said...

I'm not launching anything girl! You need to enjoy this time while you can before baby comes. Have fun and can't wait to hear about it!

Emily said...

jealous! But you definitely deserve it! Have a great time!
NKOTB rocks!

Hattie said...

What a lucky woman! A whole weekend by yourself! Don't ya just luv Twilight!?! I can't wait until the other 3 books are made into movies.

Tonya said...

Have fun! I loved NKOTB too and I heard they still put on a good show :)

Mandy (ZenMonkeyMind) said...

NKOTB are coming here, too, lol. I debated going.

:)

Tammy said...

Your weekend sounded wonderful. I still need to watch Twilight. It still sits on my dresser..I just need to find the time. Have fun on your overnighter with your gf.

Not Your Aunt B said...

NKOTB was my first concert ever. Hope you have a great time!

Kelly said...

Oooh, I'm so jealous, can I go too?? They will be by me again this summer and I want to go see them again. They put on an awesome show, trust me, you will be drooling, singing, and dancing on your seat!! Have fun.

dawn klinge said...

Have a great time! You deserve it. :)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Hope you all have a blast!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, that's STITCH that you are going to see New Kids! HAve fun! What a great way to spend time with a friend.

Glad the boys had fun, but poor hubby!! Hope he's feeling better...

Wendy said...

I think it's awesome that you get some "me" time! When your little girl gets here, it'll be quite a while before that's an option again (and you need to stock up on some time where the only person you take care of is YOU). Have fun!

Kelley said...

No tomatoes from me. I'm glad you thoroughly enjoyed yourself this weekend, and I hope you have a marvelous time today.

By the way, will you email me? I need to get your address so I can send you some bows for your girlie. :) It's kelleybirrelli@yahoo.com.

Cynthia said...

Way to rack up the time off!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend and then a great time getting those boys back!

Stesha said...

Let's trade. You give me your NKOTB tickets and and I'll give you the pleasure of watching my twins for a couple of hours. They are so cute:)

Laura said...

How great was that - and wow - a girls' weekend - ENJOY! Relax and have lots and lots of fun!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

I hope you're having a fabulous time!

Momisodes said...

Aww, sounds like it was a nice weekend. And poor hubby. What a good sport!

So jealous you're seeing NKOTB!!!

Please do me a favor?

If you see Jordan, just let him know I still love him....4-ever.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

That sounds therapeutical in every sense of the word! I hope you have/had an awesome time Kat, I know you did!

Loukia said...

How fun! Looking forward to reading about your girls getaway!

lime said...

everything sounds great except for that fever. sorry todd was feeling so completely awful but glad he was able to tough it out for the boys. hope he's feeling much better now. enjoy your girl getaway :)

Maggie's Mind said...

Yay for you! Can't wait to hear how it was.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. Sounds fabulous. My neighbor was at that concert--I babysat her daughter for her! Too funny!

tweetey30 said...

Never heard of the people you are talking about.. But have fun anyway. I usually dont get any alone time unless the girls go down stairs with daddy when he comes home from work. I dont have any girl friends here in town. I have my blog friends but no one here in town right now.

Dani said...

You go girl... even after a weekend at home alone.. you deserve it!!! Believe me when I say...every mom out there is envious!!!!

historygirlie said...

I was at the concert in GB too! was it not the best concert EVER??? Squeeeeee!

I fully felt like a 12 year old the entire 2 hours they were on stage. squealing and singing along.

Bliss.

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

No tomatoes from me! You deserve this, Kat. I'm so happy it was a huge success for all involved, except Todd! I loved this post AND the one before it!! Blessings to you all! xoxox

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson