Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Suggestions

Yep. I'm still up north at the cabin. I haven't ditched everyone just yet.

I thought I would preset my Saturday Suggestions before I left so y'all would still have my picks for the weekend. I know you've been dying to see who I picked. Can you hear the sarcasm?

Since I usually don't post on weekends I thought I would give you all some great reads written by other bloggers. Every Saturday I will pick three posts that stand out in my mind that I have read in the past week. They can be posts that make me laugh, cry, or just strike a chord with me. Please feel free to visit the links and leave comments.


Candy at Everyone Has A Story To Tell. This Is Ours with The Moment.
Candy takes us through her adventure of running the New York Marathon. It is an amazing story and it put tears in my eyes reading it. Never, EVER have I had the slightest desire to run a marathon. Until now.

Chris at Life...or a reasonable facsimile thereof with PhotoStory Friday: Take Another Look...
Chris has an amazing photographer's eye and he managed to capture one of best photos I've ever seen. And quite by accident. It looks like a painting. I love it.

Maggie at Maggie's Mind Piece by Peace with Haiku Friday
You can hear the love and excitement in her poem after the long "apartness" from her man comes to a close. This poem makes me smile. It feels warm and lovey and says so much in it's few lines.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww........thanks friend.

the marathon experience is something that no one can take away from me;-)

imbeingheldhostage said...

Hey, I didn't think you'd do this since you were gone, so thanks for scheduling, I'll check them out!

Laura said...

Thank you for sharing these posts - I was extremely touched by The Moment...thank you. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

Blessings From Above said...

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check them out.

Hope you are having a wonderful trip! :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hope you're having a good time up North. Take care.

Natalie said...

wow. thanks for the marathon story suggestion!!!

4funboys said...

loved teh marathon story too!

Anonymous said...

Aw, you are too sweet! What a nice surprise to be mentioned. Hope you have a lovely rest of the weekend at the cabin and that you are getting to read some of that book by the fire.

Chris said...

Hey thanks for the mention -- and for informing me of it. Better late than never. Ha ha .

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson