Thursday, November 27, 2008

Many Thanks

It was a bad start to the day, what with the blaring migraine staring me down the minute I woke up. But thankfully, with some well-timed meds, an ice pack, and a quiet(ish) room I was able to get rid of the headache in time to enjoy the Thanksgiving Day festivities.

The boys muscled through a nonstop playfest with their cousins all day and without taking their usual naps. And when we dragged them into the house for a much later than normal bedtime they were still in relatively good spirits. Now after plenty of turkey at Todd's folks this afternoon, and then even more turkey at my folks this evening, I am lying on the couch with my belly stretched out enjoying my slow slip into a tryptophan coma.

I hope your Thanksgiving was everything you hoped it would be, with more blessings than you ever could have imagined.

Happy Thanksgiving!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

tryptophan coma - indeed.
I'm glad your migraine went away in time to enjoy your day.

Not Your Aunt B said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm coming off my tryptophan coma- must.get.more.pie.

RiverPoet said...

I hope you made it through the rest of the day in a pain-free fashion.

Happy Thanksgiving - D

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your coma, toots. And, I'm so glad the headache abated. What a pain in the keister.

Tam said...

Sorry about the start of the Day but it sounds like it got better!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kristen said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kat!

Glad to hear that you and the boys all survived a hectic day!

I am thankful for a such a wonderful bloggy friend as you! :)

Enjoy your turkey coma!!

Laura said...

Hope your migraine releases soon. HUGS.

Hope you had a wonderful time. Sounds like the boys had a blast!

Cheers!

Tonya said...

I ate so much and then I couldn't seem to stop myself even though my tummy hurt!

carrhop said...

So glad you were able to overcome the migraine--and I'm with ya, lolling on the couch, digesting lots and lots of turkey...

Blessings!

dawn klinge said...

I love that term..."tryptophan coma". ;) I'm glad that headache didn't stick around all day.

Anonymous said...

Ah, sounds just about perfect. Glad you enjoyed it and also got rid of the headache.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I hope your migraine is long gone!

Hope it was a great thanksgiving.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson