Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love

It brings me such joy to watch the lovely shades of pink and red creeping into my kids' faces when I yell their personalized messages of love out my car window as they enter school. I know Joe thinks that he will be getting a ride to school from his older cousin next year but I really think he will miss my public declarations of love. "JOE!!!! Hey, Joey!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! Have a great day, honey!" I think he would really enjoy letting his new high school friends see how much his mommy loves him.
Something he should keep in mind.

Today, since it was Valentine's Day I had to up my game. Along with special chocolates and little gifts that I gave them this morning I really wanted to "personalize" my love for them even more. As I dropped them off for school this morning they tried their best to outrun my pronouncements but I would not be deterred.  I was actually able to drive after them a little ways as I shouted out my personalized "I love you!"s.

Tommy was kind enough to hold the door for a bunch of people behind him and I seized the opportunity to shout, "Bye Tommy!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!"  He handled it well. Especially considering there was a mom walking her children into school and she turned around laughing and gave me a thumbs up.

Ahh, good times.

Ya gotta love Valentine's Day.

Special shout out to this guy:
I don't much believe in made up holidays but I certainly believe in us.

Happy Valentine's Day, all! I hope you all have a lovely day and are able to announce your love to all those who are special to you.

3 comments:

betty said...

Great picture of the two of you! I love how you shout out your love affirmations to your kids. They may be embarrassed, but I bet deep down it feels really good to them and carries them through their school days :)

betty

Bijoux said...

Awww....well, it is my favorite holiday! Now I just text my two who don't live at home, but my daughter who does received a special surprise this morning! My kids will always be my valentines!

Love the photo of you two sweethearts!

Unknown said...

I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your linked header on our new site directory, SiteHoundSniffs.com? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention.

If you are concerned about me being up to no good, please do a Google search for SiteHoundSniffs (with or without the .com). The results should prove that it is meant to be a very good thing.

Specifically, what we are wanting to do is take a screenshot of your header and display it (linked back to the homepage) in place of the text-link. If you will visit SiteHoundSniffs.com, it should be easy to see how having a displayed header makes an individual site more attractive to visitors and SiteHoundSniffs look better. You do not have to do a thing but grant permission. There is absolutely no charge, nor will there ever be.

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson