Saturday, June 29, 2013

They're Back

My babies are back home, safe and sound.

All is well in my household again.  My family is back together.

Honestly, it all worked out pretty well.  The boys came home with lots of great stories but also with thankful hearts.  They were glad to be home.  They missed us.  Todd tells me that this is why it is important to let them do stuff like this.  Hmm... I'm still debating that, but it was nice to hear the boys tell me again and again how much they missed us.  And they showed it too.  Both of them had $40 of their own money to spend at the camp store and they both used half of it on their family.  Tommy bought Todd and I coffee mugs, Gracie got a pink stuffed piggy, and Ben got some Boy Scout badges.  Joey splurged and got Ben a pocket knife (I'll be holding on to that for a while) since he didn't get to go to a camp this year.  Such sweet, thoughtful boys.

Truth be told, I couldn't be prouder of my boys.  Both of their scout leaders pulled Todd aside and told them how our boys were the very best behaved of all the scouts.  They listened, were polite and helpful, and behaved perfectly.  Both scout leaders told Todd that they wished all of the boys behaved like Joey and Tommy.  One leader even said he hoped his son learned a thing or two from Joey.

Makes my mommy heart so proud.

Now we are resting up (the boys are so exhausted) and awaiting our houseguests.  My best friend and her family should be here in a little while and will be staying with us for 4 days.  I can't wait to see them all again.

There is no shortage of excitement around here.  By the time it is all said and done I think we will all be good and exhausted.

Fun and exhausting, just as summer should be.


7 comments:

Tabor said...

I DID tell you that I wished at least one of these was a friend of my grandsons. His scout troop has a bit too much testosterone for my tastes.

Bijoux said...

Glad they had fun. Enjoy your time with your friend!

Angie said...

I'm so glad they had a good time. I know your very happy to have them back home too! It's so nice to receive compliments like that on your kids :)

Cyndy Bush said...

You have SO MUCH to be proud of! Sounds like your summer is wonderful so far.

dawn klinge said...

That is something to be proud of. :)Your boys seem like such sweet kids. Have a great time with your friends over the next few days!

Wisconsin Girl said...

So glad all went well and with such glowing reports from their leaders. Have a wonderful time with your friend and her family!

Betty Manousos said...

thtat is something to be proud of!

i'm so glad they had a great time.

have a great time with your friend~
:))

i love your blog!

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson