Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dinosaur Paginas Give Me Nightmares!

The other night Todd and the boys were sitting on the couch reading, what else, a dinosaur book together. Todd was reading all of the factual information to the boys and then they would discuss the pictures together.

I was sitting on the floor with Grace when Joey said to me, "Mom, do you know how dinosaurs have babies?"

"How do they have babies, Joe?" I said playing along.

Joey happily responded, "They lay eggs."

"That's right!" I confirmed.

"They lay eggs out of their dinosaur paginas." Joe stated.

Oh sheesh. I wasn't expecting that. "Do you mean vaginas?" I asked.

"Yeah. Paginas." he said again.

"That's Va-ginas. With a V. Vaginas. And I don't know if it works that way, Joe." I corrected.

"Oh yeah. That's how it works!" he was quick to tell me.

"No. What I mean is I don't know if dinosaurs have vaginas. Todd, does it say that in there???" I asked, a bit taken aback.

"Um, no. No it doesn't." Todd answered.

"Uh-huh! That's how it works! They have VA-ginas!" Joey said again.

Tommy quickly jumped to Joey's defense and said, "Uh-huh! The GIRL dinosaurs do! They hab the baginas!"

"Yeah! The GIRL dinosaurs have VA-ginas." Joey agreed.

Sigh. "Boys, what I'm trying to say is that I don't know if they are called vaginas." I said growing more and more tired of this conversation.

"Uh-huh! They are! They are called paginas. I mean, VA-ginas! And they lay eggs!" Joey said positively.

Finally, having had enough of this crazy talk, Ben couldn't take it anymore and yelled, "STOP IT! STOP IT! Your gonna gib me nightmares!"

Me too, Ben. Me too!

31 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

I LOVE the way a child's mind works! The other day coming home from church, Kyleigh says, "I didn't say 'Pahjina'". My heart sank thinking about her sweet little old lady Sunday School teacher. "...and I didn't say 'willy'". sigh.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

OMG, that would give me nightmares too! ACK!

Mom24 said...

That's too cute!

I would just agree to agree they have paginas and hope it never comes up again. Also? Hide that book. :)

Cassie said...

LOL! I think having conversations about dinosaur vaginas only happens in housefuls of little boys! I have so much to look forward to don't I?

Tonya said...

oh my too funny! the mind of a child.

Doc said...

Im with Dysfunctional any mention of dinosaur vaginas scares me to death!

Brittany said...

Oh my word. I am laughing SO hard!
They are called "BAginas" in our house... lol

lime said...

what a hilarious conversation! sounds like the kind of talk our house might have. oh and here's me being a toal geek. i think the term for reptilian naughty bits is "cloaca."

Riahli said...

OMGoodness that gave me a good giggle...too funny!!

Anonymous said...

What a HOOT! Paginas...I bet some of them were GINORMOUS.

Emily said...

Wow...you handled that conversation really well! I'm pretty sure I would have changed the subject. :)

Jessa said...

Dinosaur vaginas huh? LOL I think that beats my pee on the face story. ;)

Rima said...

Priceless. And now he has me wondering . . .

Hattie said...

Baahhahahaha! That is too funny. I can see how big dino vaginas could give a person nightmares!

Unknown said...

I'm sitting her cracking up so hard because I just imagine this whole conversation! I love Ben's reaction! HA HA HA!

Thanks for sharing and making me laugh like crazy!

Hilary said...

Bery cute. :)

Robyn said...

Wow, that was quite the conversation.

Momisodes said...

ROFL!!! How you didn't manage to pull out the video camera for this, I don't know :)

I'm still giggling over "BAginas!"

Not Your Aunt B said...

In response to a old post, we just recently (Jan) started using the proper term vagina (whereas before everything was a heine- front or back). Now she will say it all the time and it does drive me a little crazy. Trying to ignore it, but I am with you on this!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! My husband would have run screaming out of the room:)You tell a story well - of course, you had great material to work with! Thanks for making me smile!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

This.is.hilarious.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in that room! Silly bows.

Chris said...

My six year old daughter has been learning German at school -- particularly the numbers -- and announces to everyone she meets "I'm Emma, and I'm sex."

Riverpoet said...

OH MAN - this gave me such a laugh this morning!!!!

Peace - D

Lady Mama said...

Funny! Sounds like a conversation I'd have with my son - he is very insistent once he decides on something.

Hattie said...

Hey girl one more thing I left you an award on my blog!

Hope you have a great weekend & a little sunshine!!!

Dawn said...

That is the funniest story! Such cute boys you have. :)

Nishant said...

I just imagine this whole conversation! I love Ben's reaction!

Work from home India

Cara said...

That's too funny! I practically fell out of my chair when I read "STOP IT! STOP IT! Your gonna gib me nightmares!".
I chuckle every time I read it, hehehehehe!

Kelly said...

Very Sweet! I think you handled yourself very well. "You say Pajina, I'll say Vagina, let's call the whole thing off"

WILLIAM said...

Vaginasaurus Rex would give me nightmares.

Anonymous said...

OMG this is freakin' hilarious!! My hubby's cousin Shayne is five and she is obsessed (I mean OBSESSED with boys and their parts). She told me the other day, "I like boys. And I like penises." Oh my LORD. LOL

Words To Live By

Be grateful for each new day.
A new day that you have never lived before.
Twenty-four new, fresh, unexplored hours to use usefully and profitably.
We can squander, neglect, or use them.
Life will be richer or poorer by the way we use today.
Finish every day and be done with it.
You have done what you could;
some blunders and absurdities crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be
encumbered with your old nonsense.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson